FIA PTG responded to the Treasury Department's Request for Information (RFI) on the evolution of Treasury market structure.
The comment letter provides detailed responses to Treasury's questions, and highlights principles that form the foundation of FIA PTG's work on Treasury market structure:
- Diversification of liquidity providers benefits markets
- Any changes in U.S. Treasury market structure must first acknowledge the benefits afforded by technological innovations
- FIA PTG supports the use of both pre- and post-trade risk controls as well as self-match prevention technology in the U.S. Treasury market
- FIA PTG supports increased transaction transparency for the official sector particularly regulators
- FIA PTG supports efforts to increase transparency for market participants
FIA PTG has been actively engaged on the issue of Treasury market structure, particularly following the July 2015 publication of the Joint Staff Report on the U.S. Treasury Market on October 15, 2014.
Read more of FIA PTG's work on this subject:
What IS a Self-Trade, Anyway? (1 October 2015)